Pump on concord wrs not working

Hi hope some can help pump on boiler has gone it is buzzing can I turn it off at wall. As don't want it to do damage to boiler of heating system.

Thanks

Reply to
Matt Sargent

What symptoms have made you think the pump isn't working? Do you know what sort of heating/hot water system you have?

(For most recent low water capacity boilers, runnning them with the pump not working will quickly cause the boiler to overheat, and if it doesn't cutout, it will wreck itself.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Turning the boiler off isn't going to hurt it.

The Concorde WRS looks to be a system boiler version of my Stelrad ideal WR440

So it's a cast-iron lump, not likely to hurt itself like that I'd say, if it's not gravity H/W the internal stat should cut it out if the pump isn't running to circulate to the hot tank.

Reply to
Andy Burns

You should be able to check of the pump shaft is free. Open the shaft cover and be prepared for a little water loss. there should be a screw driver slot in the end of the shaft. Use a small 3mm screwdriver to turn the shaft. If it free then fine otherwise turn the screwdriver back and forth to free the shaft. Switch ina nd see if it runs now. replace the cover.

If the pump does not start, but it still buzzes, then it is highly likely that the capacitor has failed. The value will be marked on it in Mfd. Get a replacement from ebay or similar.

Reply to
Bob Minchin