PRV ?

I have a small (approx 2.5" dia) device plumbed into the cold water supply of a house I just bought. It is chrome in appearance, shape of a flying saucer, and has the words "Water Governor Derve" on it.

I assume it is some form of Pressure limiting valve but I don't know. Every time either the hot or cold water is turned on this device makes a sqeaking/rubbing sound.

The cold pipe feeds a combi boiler and so I can believe it is a PRV to protect the boiler input, but again, only guessing.

Can anyone shed any light on what the device is and where I could get a replacement since I expect the noise is because it has worn, or is wearing, out.

Thanks

Andy

Reply to
ANDREW BOYNE