Pros and cons of DIY dentistry

So how would this affect practices of several dentists? Most practices nowadays seem to be 'one-man-bands', but if there are several practitioners (awful word!) would they each receive £94k? My dental surgeon mentions associates on his website, but I haven't seen or heard of any of them for ages - ever since one of them replaced a crown for me one Sunday morning.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Associates are dentists who work in a practice paying for facilities but who are not partners in the sense of owning a piece. Often it is the associates who will do the NHS work as they build up their private business, buy into the partnership or move on and can then dump the unprofitable NHS activity.

The private ones will often treat the kids of private patients on the NHS for most things because this is not usually very treatment intensive.

Reply to
Andy Hall

New line here for Dave, the Medway HandyDent

Reply to
Steve Walker