Project Planner?

Years since I had any need of one, but something simple like the old Microsoft Project would be good.

Don't need massive planning and rescheduling, or sharing resources over multiple projects, or.....

Just three or four activities with dependencies to do simple "what if" checking to establish critical dates.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

GanttProject

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

You can do a critical path analysis on my house extension project once I've got the building regs. sorted:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

IME there are 2 critical paths in fixing a house:

a) I'm slow as I have to do 100 other things too;

b) It's hard work trying to sub out work (but if you do find a good contractor, then they are well worth it IME).

Any paths with "you" in need to have a time factor of 2-3 times what you think. Any paths with "other people" need to have an even bigger buggeration factor - unless you already have a well stocked "black book" of numbers.

Reply to
Tim Watts

ProjectLibre, or OpenProject, are two possibles.

I would hesitate to call M$ Project 'simple'.

Although I am a semi-frequent user of M$P I would consider using an Excel Spreadsheet with time across the columns, then fill in tasks with 'blocks' of colour etc. down the rows.

I am pretty sure there are some free downloadable templates to let you run projects like this.

HTH Jon N

Reply to
jkn

Yup, I have looked at that in the past and thought it was quite nice:

Video :

John Rumm

ie this sort of thing...

jkn