Project Manager

We have a bungalow (in Leicester) that we have been working (extension/disabled adaptation/complete renovation) on for the past year and I have posted here many times over the year to obtain advice or with input. 6 months ago we had to release our main building contractor who had problems with his partner and declared bankruptcy. Also he was London based so the travelling and management of his workers was getting too difficult for him. However during this time my health as well as my wifes had not been too well... so we were unable to pursue it with subcontractors ourselves. Our Architect highly recommeded a builder who we were told would manage and complete the job but has let us down terribly and we are still at the same stage but only have lost more money and time.

The problem we have now is not only a limited budget but we need to finish the house and not to spoil it. It was ideally a dream lifetime home for ourselves as well as our daughter who has a rare degenerative condition and wheelchair bound. I feel I can only finish the house with help through this group. Due to my own health reasons I am unble to do too much but will do whatever I can. I feel I need a project manager to assist in finishing the job and ensuring I am paying the right amounts for the relevan works. I would say the main building works are complete we need to completely replaster and/or reskim the entire house, All Doors and woodworks, Plumbing and Electrics, Tiling, External Works.

I am able to take over the Electrrician and the Plumber but ideally would need to formalise the contracts with them. Is there anyone on the list who can recommend anyone who could either Project Manage or assist with this... Or even an individual who can complete the works fully.

Any advice would help.

Sid

Reply to
Sid