Problems due to being into DIY

In message , Graham. writes

I stayed in a Premier Inn last year and an occupant of another room was smoking, presumably in the bathroom and using the extractor to take the smoke away. The only problem was that the system was naff and some of the smoke was ducted back into my bathroom, unless my extractor was on too. Looking at the roof it seemed as though about 8 rooms all shared the same vent pipe.

I complained to the "Manager" and was told that I was imagining it, or trying to make excuses for my own smoking in the room!! The reason being that each room had its own fan and that they were not interconnected. I said about the smoke being blown back down the ducting and was told that it didn't exist, "the fan is just attached to the wall it doesn't have any ducting" at that point I gave up and we agreed to differ.

PS, my father, who is otherwise an intelligent guy, ran a 3KW fan heater off a rolled up extension lead. it never did un-roll again. :-(

Reply to
Bill

Instead of paying for an in-house movie? They can't have that!

Reply to
Andy Burns

No. Being in China in the late 1980s, it was the norm. for their construction quality.

Reply to
Davey

No, only to beat the anticipated fog the next morning so as not to miss my flight out! The Sheraton was near to the airport.

Reply to
Davey

Hah ha! When our shower was installed, the plumber couldn't understand wh y I wanted the riser rail offset. It required first a drawing and then phy sically standing in the cubicle holding the shower head in various places b efore he understood that being able to move further away from the shower he ad didn't stop me from getting close to it.

Richard :-)

Reply to
RJS

When I go on holiday I always carry a spare washer for between the shower head and the hose. The number that leak is amazing. It reduces the flow that I can get from the "blaster" setting.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Doors that are hinged on the wrong side so they open towards the advancing person, so you have to open them well past 150 degrees before you can get through them.

The worst I've seen is like this:

jgh

Reply to
jgh

Puts me in mind of the kissing gate which was installed with the hinge pins at the centre of curvature of the surrounding fence.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon