Problem with one of my three toilets.....

Errr..... This is a bit of a graphic post but please bear with me.

My dwelling has 3 toilets.

When I perform a Number 2 in two of the toilets, one flush is all is needed to make all the Number 2's dissappear. This is the bathroom toilet and the up-stairs En-suite toilet.

However, toilet no 3 in the downstairs En-Suite never clears all my Number 2s in one go when flushed. A second flush is necessary to help get the remaining Number 2s onto their onward journey to the sewage works.

If I forget to do the 2nd flush on toilet No 3, it is commented on by other family members *claiming* that I did not flush whereas I had in fact flushed the loo but the flush did not clear all the Number 2's.

I have made enquiries with the rest of the family household and all of them do not report having any problems with having to flush toilet no 3 after performing a number 2.

Can you help me get to the bottom of this?

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen

More roughage?

Reply to
Fredxxx

IMO one should always check before leaving that a flush has achieved its purpose.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

But I never have to do this with two of my toilets, why should I need to flush for the 2nd time on the 3rd toilet?

Reply to
Stephen

Tell me that was deliberate, please.

Reply to
soup

Perhaps the others are more generous with the toilet paper?

Reply to
Fredxxx

The flush obviously isn't as good. Classically, scale under the rim.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Make sure you are giving it the full #2 flush and not the half #1 flush.

I had a toilet for many years without realising it had a half flush feature, you had to hold down the button to achieve the half flush, the opposite of the toilets I have now.

Reply to
Graham.

Stephen scribbled

It'll stop the missus being arsey.

Reply to
Jonno

Because with two into three, there is always a remainder. Have you checked to see if toilet one only requires half a flush?

Reply to
Richard

Chuck the downstairs toilet, and turn the room into an art studio. Two Loos Latrect? Hides behind sofa. No actually, maybe its the drop and lack of siphon effect on the pipe on the downstairs loo. I have seen this before where downstairs toilets have been retro fitted in for elderly people. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes but it works upstairs, clearly pointing at the drop of the soil pipe on the back of the toilet. It could also be due to a sharp lateral bend close to the d toilet, or even a small blockage. The kind of waste does vary, it is true, but normally there is plenty of flow when the cistern dumps the flush in one big lump so to speak. it might be that the unit downstairs is flussing with less water in one go. I'd certainly suggest removing any kind of water saving system on a downstairs retro fitted loo. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It may also be of the more modern type, they are forever redesigning them to use less water sometimes making them less efficient,(at removing turds, not saving water).

Reply to
F Murtz

Because toilets vary hugely in their flushing capabilities. Are your's all identical pans and cisterns? Some toilets are just a bit crap.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

It's possibly that the water level in T3s cistern is a lot lower than T1 &2. Have you checked the levels and compared?

Reply to
Ronnie

That wasn't my point, which has more to do with courtesy to other users.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Yess I had to remove the hippo from mine for this very reason of not having enough oomph at flush time. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Have you checked if the soil pipe behind the toilet is properly vented?

Is the toilet connected directly to the main soil pipe (that is, the same one that at least one of the other two use?).

If the toilet is some way from the main down pipe then it should probably have an air admittance valve above the connection to avoid complications.

It is also possible (unless you are directly on the main down pipe) that the connecting pipe has inadequate fall or the bends are too tight.

So:

(1) confirm the toilet is the same as the other two; if not consider that it may be a less efficient toilet.

(2) confirm that it has been plumbed into the soil system correctly.

(3) consider alternative explanations - how frequently do you used the downstairs toilet compared to the rest of the family, for instance. At what time of the day? How often a day to you take a dump? So - is your usage pattern of the downstairs loo different from that for the upstairs loos? Is it different from the rest of the family?

Apply logic.

So far you just seem to be applying "but it isn't fair".

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

and it isn't just about flushing the toilet itself. It's a matter of flushing the waste down your drains until it meets the main sewer.

Reply to
charles

Or his sister, Two Loos Latrine.

Reply to