Problem with Hozelock garden sprayer

Have a Hozelock pump sprayer (5L) which is 20+ years old, and no pressure, so bought a service kit and replaced various washers etc. However, there is now plenty of pressure, but all that comes out of the wand is air, not a spray. Tank contains water only, for testing. What have I probably done wrong?
--
Graeme

Where is the internal hose that goes into the liquid and what about the little air hole that sucks in air so it comes out as a spray? I'm going on my old one of course makes may differ in design, but in most the principle is that the internal pressure in the bit with air in forces the liquid up and as it passes out of the spray it sucks in air to atomises it, scent sprays do the same but in those cases the suction from the air passing over the tube inside sucks up the liquid. Brian
--
----- --

Thanks Brian. Just coming back to say 'Forget it!', because I had forgotten that length of internal hose which disintegrated last time I used the pump. Replaced with a length of hose saved from an old aquarium, and job done.
--
Graeme

On 15/05/2019 10:43, Graeme wrote:

Try turning the tank upside down. I suspect you have a leak where the liquid dip tube joins the top of the main bottle - above the water line.
I just got a right sized Viton O ring for mine. It is really only the big one at the top exposed to air and sunlight that goes brittle.
--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Thanks Martin - now fixed. My fault :-)

Indeed. Spent a tenner on a 'service kit', and yes, only two washers, external, showed any sign of age.
--
Graeme

Graeme brought next idea :

If water is left in a container, it can grow a jelly like substance which blocks up jets completely. It commonly happens to screen washer jets on little used cars and might well be your problem too.