Pressure Washer

My Karcher K2.900M is now getting a bit long in the tooth, and the patio cleaner is beginning to break up.
My main use is on occasional domestic drive and patio cleaning, and I am thinking of an upgrade to some variety of Karcher K4 Home. It looks like there is a discontinued version still available, plus a new one with the doubtful advantage of LEDs on the handgrip.
<(Amazon.com product link shortened)58117741&sr=1-20&keywords=k%C3%A4rcher+k4+home>
Any thoughts or suggestions of better value for money?
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk
On 16/03/2016 08:45, Chris J Dixon wrote:

Another bloody daft idea. Avoid like the plague.
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Pressure_washer_FAQ

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman

Chris J Dixon wrote:

I find the hoses on the new Karchers to be very poor quality and kink easily.

Interesting how good brands go bad!
On Wednesday, 16 March 2016 10:21:24 UTC, Capitol wrote:

I have a new Karcher washer. Not a patch on the old one.

Why did you have to replace the old one ?
I went for a Gerni myself.
On 16/03/2016 19:37, Rod Speed wrote:

Are they still sold under that brand name in Oz?
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman

Yep.
On 16/03/2016 21:46, Rod Speed wrote:

I worked for Gerni UK for about 10 years as a regional manager.
Gerni closed down in 2007 https://www.nilfisk.com/en/news/Pages/Gerni.aspx
The current Gerni machines are made by ALTO, formerly KEW. All owned by Nikfisk.
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman

Thanks for that. So what do you think of their pressure washers compared with Kartcher ?
On 17/03/2016 00:36, Rod Speed wrote:

Odd situation. Karcher hot water/steam machines used to be the bees knees and their cold water machines were mediocre. Gerni was the other way around.
These days I reckon I'd go for a Nilfisk Alto/Gerni machine.
Karcher have been cutting corners of years IMO and the machines quality has dropped.
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman

David Lang wrote:

So something like this might be worth looking at?
<(Amazon.com product link shortened)>
Though it appears only to come with the cheaper patio cleaner.
Alternatively, if I have to pay for the better patio brush, this more powerful machine is currently cheaper:
<(Amazon.com product link shortened)58300646&sr=1-3&keywords=Nilfisk+E+130.3-9>
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk
On 16/03/2016 08:45, Chris J Dixon wrote:

I've had a Nilfisk machine for about 6 years now and it hasn't missed a beat. It's a C120.4 which has an induction motor but I'm not sure if it's still available. Regularly used for patios and cleaning cars.
The only thing I did was replace the hose for a 15m industrial one which I had made up at a local hydraulic place.
--
Dazza

gremlin_95 wrote:

I bought a replacement rubber hose for my Nilfisk (from QWashers) because the supplied plastic hose had a mind of its own.
On 17/03/2016 03:49, Andy Burns wrote:

It thought "I'm cheap. I'm cheap".
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman