Power shower problems - the resolution

Thanks to all who made suggestions about my problem of not having equal or adequate pressures to an all-in-one power shower.

In the end I took a tee off the hot as it came out of the cylinder, ran it up to the loft in 22mm with a full bore gate valve for isolation, round a couple of swept bends then down 15mm to the shower, the same as for the cold from the header tank.

It works a treat now - pressures during the swarf clearing bare-pipe stage were identical, and I can run the pump at full blast without starving it.

Quite a bit more work than the 'replace like-for-like' that I started with, but satisfying to get it done.

Also quite scary to do it at a friends house while she was away for a few days, then leave it unmonitored until she came back. I *thought* I'd managed it with no leaks, but it was heating/cooling all the time, and inside a wall etc. I had visions of her returning and ringing to ask me what I planned to do about her new indoor water feature...

Reply to
PCPaul

".....her new indoor water feature...". had a friend from Manchester come to stay with us near Edinburgh recently. She got a phone message shortly after she arrived to say just that .... and that it had gone through the party wall to the neighbour's next door !! Silly sausage had left the kitchen tap running (hot too) with the plug in.

"Have I left the iron on .... or the kitchen sink running with the plug in ?" Women !!

Rob

Reply to
Rob G

Did you go through her knicker drawers?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

NO.. it was actually a job I was doing for my ex-wife... (we're still friends)

Been there, done that is the phrase, I believe ;-)

Reply to
PCPaul