Power meter

Andy Burns wrote:

Now we know that the supply can be switched at 20 Hz, would such a meter cope?
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk
Chris J Dixon wrote:

I'd missed that gem (it's in a subthread my killfile has hidden) no I don't suppose it would run accurately.
Andy Burns wrote:

Ah, I guess once a certain poster has spoken, you ignore the sub-thread. ;-)
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk

In which case one of the home energy monitors given away by utilities should do fine - there are plenty on ebay, with and without USB ability. You just have to break out live and neutral and fit their current sensor around only one of them.
That will probably be easier/neater that measuring voltage or time - they already come with a control panel gadget where you can see your 'usage' over time. Many of them have wireless current sensors so you don't need to locate the control panel near the sensor.
Theo