Power connector for Belkin N1 router

The power connector on my belkin N1 router needs replacing - but can someone pls tell me what it's called so I can ebay for one? There seems to be zillions of these type of connectors - all slightly differnt sizes!

Reply to
dave

barrel connector

measured by the outer and inner diameters in mm e.g. 5.5mm/2.1mm

the outer you can measure with a vernier, or just a rule if your eyes are up to it, for the inner try know twist drills for a snug fit?

Reply to
Andy Burns

The annoying thing is there's a 5.5/2.1 and a 5.5/2.5 which are both very common. You can't usually fit a 2.1 plug on a 2.5 socket, but it is often possible to fit a 2.5 plug on a 2.1 socket. It might work, but it may be loose and won't deliver the full current rating.

Maybe try a 2.5mm and a 2mm drill, which might tell you whether it'll take a

2.5 or not?

Theo

Reply to
Theo

There are, hundreds of them and it seems that any one company also changes the ones they use at a whim.

There are different pin diameters, and different outside diameters and different lengths too. Bah Humbug.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

You can often buy PSUs that come with several interchangeable heads with a good chance one will usually fit.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Just checked on Maplins they sell a replacement power lead with a variety of plug in heads which look as if they have all the common sizes covered. Might be even cheaper on eBay.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Actually it says it doesn't come with the heads, just the cable.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Sorry about that just looked at the pictures, one of which showed heads did not read the specs. However they do sell sets of heads which I Presume nee d to be matched up to a cable but it is starting to look expensive when all you really want is one of the plugs.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Do not forget different polarity, for added fun.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

If I were n my old house, there would be at leats 3 Belkin power supplies left over from people who gifted me blown or part working belkin routers...

If I had a belkin or a netgear I'd throw it away.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It can often be easier to just replace both plug and socket with matching one you can obtain.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)