Potterton Netaheat 10/16 MkIIf casing very hot

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone with a Netaheat or experience of one can answer a question for me. I have not noticed it before but recently I checked and noticed that the casing is getting very hot, even after just 5 mins. It is too hot to touch around the area where the pilot light is. Towards the top of the case it is much cooler.

Is this normal. The case could have always been hot it's just that I have not noticed before.Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply to
prakashvarsani

I have a Netaheat 10/16 driving my heating system and also service these (and other boilers) as part of my every day work.

It is normal for the Netaheat casing to get to get very hot.

The pilot on these is not permanent but is only ignited electronically when there is a demand for heat.

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

No.

As this is an old outdated boiler, it best to look at a new efficient boiler. You may want to go for a high flow rate combi and update the whole system. Broag are pushing into the UK domestic market with quality and cheap prices. Look at the 35kW combi with outside weather compensation.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel