Potterton Netaheat 16-22 Electronic

I have a problem with the above boiler in that the main burner will no

light. It seems that it is not flame sensing as the fan is rinning the pilo lights but the spark gap (SG1) on the control board flashes in sequence that appears as if it is still trying to light the pilot.

The boiler's GC No. is: 4160166.

How does this boiler sense that the pilot has lit? Is it the electrod that senses that the pilot is lit?

Any help appreciated.

Paul

-- Paul G

Reply to
Paul G

Thanks Geoff. The electrode and lead have both been changed and th electdode is in the flame (I assume the resistance of the electrod changes when hot then). Where should I check for a bad earth? and I am not sure I have mercury switch, where would it be?

Thanks

Pau

-- Paul G

Reply to
Paul G

There may be models of Netaheats which work more like Profiles and don't have a mercury vapour bulb for the main gas, but have two electrical gas valves one for pilot and one for main burner.

When the boiler was working correctly how long was the delay between the pilot lighting and the main gas. If it was over 10 seconds then you have the mercury type if was a second or two then you have a something that works more like a Profile with two gas valves.

If it is the latter then you might have a small break in the ignition lead

- not enough to stop the HT and the ignition but enough to prevent the electronics from sensing the flame (they conduct a bit) and opening Gas Valve 2.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

board, and could see that it was not operating when it should. When I operated it manually, with a plastic probe, the main burne lit. So I need a new relay. Any idea where I can get one from? Maplins or R don't seem to have anything like it.

Pau

-- Paul G

Reply to
Paul G

For installation & servicing instructions try

under Potterton / Boiler / Netaheat / 16/22E

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Are you sure the relay coil is energised and just not working?perhaps it isnt even energised becuase something else is wrong?

Be a good Global citizen-CONSUME>CONFORM>OBEY

Circumcision- A crime and an abuse.

tarquinlinbin