Potterton EP3000 backup battery change? Worth it?

Hi,

My EP3000 CH/HW controller's standby battery is knackered.

IIRC is used to maintain program for several hours in the event of power outage. Today it lasts no longer than a few minutes. Very annoying.

Anyone out there ever attempted to repair/replace the battery? Is it easy?

I'm sorely tempted to buy a brand new Honeywell ST6400C (Potterton successor).

Thoughts/comments?

David

Reply to
vortex2

Yes - I've done it on my Honeywell. Maplin stocked the correct battery pack, but this was some years ago.

This might give you a guide.

Or RS, CPC, etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)