possible high winds...

Not unless I get a cold and my voice goes horse...;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well there does seem to be woolliness about how the forecasters seem to know the big wind is coming so long before the storm had visibly developed,,..

Why do they stick there necks out ,,,when Michael Fish is not forgotten..

,,,,,,

I live in the Solway area,, I hear the air-traffic above the clouds,, even when it is overcast and i cannot see it..

I've spent most of this summer out and about taking photos in my area,, in between helping to look after me old mum who got took wi the mystery sticky cough epidemic...

Im tired of all the crap folks talk,,,

So i post on Flikr

Here...

Help Youselves,,

Suckitansee anbsee ansee annseee

SEE AND THINK FOR YOURSELVES

Scotch Mule.

latest ensembles put the peak winds over east anglia 9am Monday.

just when you are all going to work.

I think this could be rather shit. Leaves still on many trees..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I wonder how thatched roofs stand up to exceptional strong winds.

Reply to
Roger Chapman

Michael Fish has not been forgotten. The Met Office was caught out on that occasion as the storm tracked further north than forecast. The current batch of forecasters are banging on at length about the uncertainty of the actual track of this storm which has already moved significantly further north as the forecast firms up.

Reply to
Roger Chapman

Yes. If you follow the pressure chart link I gave up thread, it's deepened somewhat since yesterday, moved significantly north, and I think also a little west.

As I said before, I've been watch>

Reply to
Java Jive

Per kilowatt hour generated? I'd think this is quite a rare way to be killed by a turbine - but people are killed by them, usually during construction.

A good number for you - apparently the new Hinkley Point reactor is the equivalent of 30000 turbines. I'll guess it's a lot more reliable too.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Having lived through '87. I'd rather they erred on the side of caution.

It was truly unimaginable the damage "a bit of wind" could do.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

indeed.

watt hourt forwatt hourt nbucearis te lwoest deaths of anyty powergenerating technology.

Wind has for the piffling amount it produces worldwide, a rather poor safety record.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Google Translate is not my friend!

Reply to
PeterC

You need to speak TNP. Occasionally, he seems to either start frothing at the mouth so hard he can't proofread or the booze catches up with him with the same result.

Maybe he would like to tell us which is the case.

To translate:- "Watt hour for watt hour, nuclear is (has?) the lowest deaths of any power generating technology"

Reply to
John Williamson

I have a crap low energy lightbulb, a tacky cheap microsoft keyboard with most of the letters half worn off, ageing eyesight, and it was VERY late last night when I wrote that.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And a monitor that uses candles for its back light?

Tick the box that says spill chuck before sending.

Reply to
dennis

Well one of they olde windy mills is down already a few more to go I expect..

Scroll down...

tony sayer

Only a baby one

Andy Burns

Very much a baby one it was only as tall has around half the blade length of grown up one. Also further down:

"Firefighters dismantled a small wind turbine from the roof of a house in Ilfracombe."

Presumably one of the 1 kW B&Q specials. There is one up the road from here, I noticed the other day it must have seized as it wasn't going round despite quite a stiff breeze. That lasted well, maybe 5 years tops...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

He'll be a bit horse shouting that.

Reply to