Position of holes in Ikea drawer fronts

Hi all,

I was hoping someone out there with an Ikea kitchen drawer set might be able to help me out.

I've just installed a 3-drawer 600mm wide cabinet into a space where there was once a washing machine. To match the existing drawers/doors in the kitchen I am making the drawer fronts myself (the old ones were home-made too). I bought some of their cheapest drawer fronts to use as templates, as a stop-gap solution until I could get a round tuit, and as a guide to get the correct positions for all the holes for mounting hardware.

Unfortunately, while the package containing the two larger drawer fronts was OK, the one that was supposed to contain the front for the top drawer (130x600mm) actually contained a narrow cupboard door. Curses! What is it about that place that saps the will to live so much that I couldn't even remember to double check the packages they handed out? Ikea is too far away to bother returning/swapping.

So... to save me any messing about with trial and error, could any kind Ikea-kitchen-owning person possibly tell me how far up from the bottom edge of the drawer the lower of the two fixing holes should be? (Thats the holes for the triangular 'thing' that atttaches the front to the drawer box).

If anyone in the Cambridge area wants two white Arlig drawer fronts and a narrow cupboard door then I'd be happy to donate them!

Much thanks,

David

Reply to
David Micklem

Hi David

I've just meassured mine and they'e 56mm up from the bottom of the draver front which is 125mm high. The upper hole is 89mm from the bottom.

/Morten

Reply to
Morten

Hi Morten (is that a Norwegian name?),

Most kind. Thank you very much,

David

Reply to
David Micklem

David,

Close enough, it's Danish but the Norwegians use it to :-)

You're welcome...

/Morten

Reply to
Morten