Population growth

Except when they're run by the State.

Reply to
Huge

You mean he means unapparently yet?

or, as yet unapparent, apparently.

No don't bother, let's just bring them all over and retrain them to live Britishly and we can dispense with all Britain's chuggers. Then when they have settled in we can go and colonise their former homelands and this time do it proper.

I can't wait to civilise the USAnians there is a nation desperate to learn about god if ever the darkness shone strongly on anyone. They have a chimpanzee for a leader; or had -not sure.

They need help I am sure.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

These days most final salary pensions are public sector. They hope there will be enough tax income to pay them. As the lawmakers (MPs) are beneficiaries of these schemes it seems likely there will be.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

So it's a scam then.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Mine is not funded by tax.

Reply to
dennis

Neither is mine. I'm retired from a university and am receiving a final salary pension from the Universities Superannuation Scheme. That final salary pension plan has been closed to new entrants. There is now a plan in which the amount of the pension is calculated on the basis of salary during all years of membership, not just the final year (or few years).

In both cases the pensions are paid from the scheme's funds which are invested. The funds come from the members' contributions (deductions from salary) before retirement and the parallel contributions from the employers.

Reply to
Peter Duncanson

In message , Peter Duncanson writes

Don't you also get the state OAP? Surely THAT's funded by today's state NI contributions (etc)?

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Not yet! Maybe when I am old enough.

Reply to
dennis

Yes, but this part of the thread is about final salary schemes.

The quote above from Andy (Vir Campestris) says "These days most final salary pensions are public sector". I'm just pointing out that I and quite a few others are in final salary schemes which aren't public sector and funded by tax payers.

Reply to
Peter Duncanson

Hang in there!

Reply to
Peter Duncanson

As the man said... most.

Reply to
Adrian

Umm. I have a bit of final salary private sector pension I hope won't be dead by the time I come to claim it. Perhaps I should have said new ones... though a University scheme is a marginal case. I have a feeling that the Govt. would bail out your scheme if it ran out of money; I have less faith that they'd do that for me.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris