Polypipe restricts flow?

Hello all,

Just fitting an aqualisa shower, and note that in the instructions, it says that only copper pipe is to be used. It goes on to say the using polypipe (and stainless steel) will restict the flow.

Happy to use the copper, but my inquiring mind wants to know why that is the case?

Ideas???

Mike

Reply to
Mike Hibbert

Same outside diameter, thicker walled, ergo smaller bore.

(Not sure how that would apply to stainless though).

Reply to
John Rumm

What model shower have you installed ,as checking on their web site it clearly says connections suitable for copper or plastic.this is for the Quartz model which I have installed with plastic pipe in my own home

Reply to
Alex

It's the Axis digital. Where did you find the bit about copper and plastic on the website. I can't see it. I'm only wondering so that I can find a similar page for the Axis.

Reply to
Mike Hibbert

under tech data for quartz concealed ,it does not have tech details for the Axis digital

Reply to
Alex

Plastic pipe is reduced in bore because of the inserts at the fittings.

15mm may be approx 12mm.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Its reduced bore along its full length. The reduction at the fittings will have a further effect, but since it is only for short lengths it will have less effect on flow resistance than you might expect.

Reply to
John Rumm

thats a shame, thanks for digging it out tho!

Reply to
Mike Hibbert

Copper will give 15mm all through, plastic using 15mm will not.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Not quite - unless someone has invented some magic pipe with zero wall thickness!

Reply to
Set Square