Shower - Flow loss from speedifit inserts and yet another earthing query.

Hello

Going to plumb in an Aqualisa Axis Digital pumped shower.

Part of run is going to be in an area difficult to work with relatively inflexible copper pipe. It will be run in 15mm. Total run to control unit is about 4m for hot with probably 4 right angle bends and a service valve. Cold is a bit less.

If I use speedifit will the inserts needed at each coupling reduce the flow sufficiently to cause a problem.

Gravity system in house with almost 2m head to shower which my other half does not consider gives enough pressure.

TIA for any replies.

Ps. House has TT installation with 30mA RCDs covering all the circuits. All existing copper pipes in bathroom have good electrical connection to main bonding. No bonding between bathroom items. The shower rail assembly is metal and will be on the end of speedifit plastic pipe. Is this OK with no additional earth?

Reply to
Invisible Man

If you remember that mains water pressure is at least 2 bar and that you are now putting in a shower with a 1/5 bar pressure, I do really rather sympathise with your wife. I would suggest you think again about your installation as you are only going to get a dribble (where

*is* he nowadays by-the-way?)

Rob

Reply to
Rob G

Regret my original post was apparently unclear.

House has a gravity fed system from tank in loft.

Shower was previously un-pumped. (Weak but far from useless)

New Aqualisa is to be pumped. (AXDE2A)

Reply to
Invisible Man

This is one with a pump in the main shower unit I take it? (aka a power shower, rather than a remote pump feeding an ordinary mixer)

A short length restriction has far less impact than a long one - so the inserts should make little difference.

Understandably. To get something acceptable with so little head requires careful planning - nice straight runs of 22mm pipe and a shower designed for low pressure.

A pump will certainly help - although it would work better at the beginning of the run of pipe than at the end. Otherwise there will come a point that a powerful pump will just cavitate.

Yup. It can't bring a potential into the room, so nothing to worry about.

Reply to
John Rumm