Polycell smoothover experiences?

Has anyone used the above, if so what is their verdict, seems too good to be true. However as I have some plaster to sort I thought someone here may be able to give it the thumbs up or down!

Reply to
Broadback

Heven't used it, but:

seems too good to be true.

Probably cheaper to use joint filler. What's up with the plaster?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Somewhere in the recent weeks someone asked how to put the mess it made right, so he didn't seem too impressed.

It does seem very simplistic in the application tool to get decent results. Probably the same as everything else, an experienced plasterer would make a perfect job.

Reply to
EricP

I think you would need *huge* amounts of it to do what it is suposed to do. If you think about how much plaster you need to do a room, this will be a similar amount.

Reply to
Grunff

This is true,you need some skill in plastering as this is what its supposed to go on like ie skim it over the surface.

Big con really...its just Artex. ;-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The3rd Earl Of Derby

There's a video on that page,by the way

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Just watched the promo video. Have to agree with you.

Reply to
EricP

Come on, you KNOW its gonna be ****e, dont you

-- Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

It beats me why people fall for this kind of thing....they'll happilly pay £12.99 for crap like this instead of £4 for a bag of plaster!?!

That video shows him smearing the 'cream' over the dents and perfectly formed 'cracks' as if it really happens like that in real life - there's bits of old wallpaper, grit and all manner of lumps of what-have-you, dragging their way across the wall and gouging out the filler as they go, still, I suppose it keeps me in work....you'd be surprised at the amount of jobs I see where people say, "It was like that when we stripped the paper off"...meanwhile there's twelve empty pollyfilla tubs in the back yard and it looks like someone has put it on with a catapult.

Reply to
Phil L

believe it .

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Hah! so you sussed it as well ie they didn't show the bloke entirly skimming the artexed walls. :-)

I think it would make the wall all bumpy as everyone knows artexed walls are not consistant with the same protuding patterns,especially the dimple type artexed wall/ceiling

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby