Polished travertine mosaic tiles

I'm planning to lay some mosaic travertine tiles in my bathroom which are factory polished.

Question is whether, since they're polished, I still need to seal them? Also, will the seal itself affect the polish finish?

Thanks in advance!

Colin

Reply to
colinob123

I would guess that they mean 'mechanically polished'. That will reduce the porosity of the surface, but not seal it as such.

I think you would have to try it on an offcut.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman