Polarity Detection?

When a bored squirrel strips a foot section of lighting T&E, how come it instinctually chooses the live side?

-&-

They have also stripped 10mm Shower cable, and eaten through the bottom of a cold water tank (drip drip).

At the moment wire I'm installing meshing under the eves. Cowboy roofers left a bit too much of a gap.

I've got the choice of either applying heat-shrink insulation for the shower cable or cutting back and wiring to a heavy contactor relay. Originally these cables ran to the bathroom isolator pull.

Relay recommendations? 10.5kW shower.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

You need a contactor not a relay. I would fit a 2 pole one. And of course some sort of enclosure.

In reality to get a contactor rated for your shower you will almost certainly end up having to buy a 4 pole one

Reply to
ARW