Pointing for sandstone

Good morning all, I have sandstone facing bricks on the lower part of the outside wall and I noticed the pointing is missing in some parts. Does anyone have any recommendations for products for replacing it? And, is it a DIY job? WM

Reply to
wattie

What is the original pointing, cement or lime mortar ( hint; lime mortar is white )?

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece

It's a bit difficult to tell. It looks as if it may be dyed to match the sandstone colour. WM

Reply to
wattie

Dunno about blocks, but I have been using about 8:1 sharp sand and WHITE cement on patio sl;abs. Looks nice and teh coulr is qquitre sandy.

Bit of lime or plasticiser helps.

Clean up with wire brush and wash with brick acid when finished.

Not hard to do, but hard to do quickly and well..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher