Playcentre installatoin.

We're buying a playcentre (swings, house, slide, monkey bars) for the grandbrats. It's going to go in an area of about 50 sq m, with featherboard fences on 3 sides.

Questions arise:

Which ground cover is preferable: bark or woodchip? How deep: 200 mm or 300 mm? Dig out the topsoil or lay the bark between some kind of edging? With a membrane under the bark, how does it drain?

Reply to
Peter Twydell

Playbark at 200mm will be fine, drainage will be fine through correct membrane as its permiable. your biggest concern will be local cats doing their buisiness in it !! . My Staffordshire Bull Terrier sees to them, bless him :-)

Reply to
Staffbull

The message from Peter Twydell contains these words:

A friend went to the tyre shop and came back with a trailer load of worn tyres which she half-buried along the perimeter of her play area. Laid side to side on edge they were soft, safe, not unpleasant looking and very durable. Also free.

Reply to
Guy King

In message , Peter Twydell writes

Thank you to the people who replied.

Reply to
Peter Twydell

No Problem, I can thoroughly recommend a Stafford as a cat deterrent !!!

Reply to
Staffbull

In message , Staffbull writes

Elder daughter's boyfriend of several years back had a Staff. Lovely dog, very friendly. His next door's cat made the mistake (its last) of wandering into Buster's garden one day.

Reply to
Peter Twydell

:-) As you can tell I'm really not a cat person !!!

Reply to
Staffbull