Plastic Rhino ramps .....

Because the front of the Mustang is so low and protruding I can't get it up on to my metal ramps, has anybody tried Plastic Rhino ramps? Bit dubious about them but they seem to have various advantages. I think they only raise the car an additional 6 1/2 inches and in a low slung car is that enough to get under?

Reply to
Jim at the Common Riding

Jim at the Common Riding scribbled

Jack it up and put the higher metal ramps under the wheels.

Reply to
Jonno

Jim at the Common Riding explained on 06/06/2015 :

The usual solution is two short bits of plank, with a bit of angle or what ever, so they hook onto the metal ramps. You get a more gradual rise then.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

been doing that for years ....pain in the neck ...

Reply to
Jim at the Common Riding

never tried that ...

Reply to
Jim at the Common Riding

Jim at the Common Riding scribbled

In that case, dig a trench.

Reply to
Jonno

watch me ...

Reply to
Jim at the Common Riding

what do you think of these Harry ?...german engineering .....

Jim at the Common Riding

IIRC from a number of years ago, a steel ramp was available with a jack section on the flat area. Sorry, no refs.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Race

Better still get an unmodified normal car?

Reply to
F Murtz

got one ...

Reply to
Jim at the Common Riding

first time I had trouble getting a car up a ramp was an abysmal Volvo 440 ......nothing modified about that ...

Reply to
Jim at the Common Riding

He resents the comparison.

Reply to
Richard

you calling me a plank ? .....

Reply to
Jim at the Common Riding

Sounds like the ramps you have are not designed very well. Perhaps if they are detachable, somebody could make some with a longer slope to reduce the gradient enough? Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Not at all, just similar to those mentioned.

Reply to
Richard

Jim at the Common Riding wrote on 06/06/2015 :

I use that method every time I use ramps, its far too low to go up normal ramps without the help of a short bit of plank. For the un-driven wheels, a strip of carpet or similar, looped around a rung - so the wheel gets on the carpet first, prevents the ramp being pushed out of the way.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

on 07/06/2015, Jim at the Common Riding supposed :

Not many modern cars are able to climb up a normal ramp these days, they are just too low at the skirt, unless you buy some extra long ramps. As said, a short bit of plank with a bracket to hook firmly on the ramp has worked fine for me for decades.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

My old Primera wouldn't go up ramps.

Andy