Plastic fencing

Wood, at current estimates will outlast plastic, at least for windows - hardwood 80+ years. If properly maintained, of course.

Reply to
RJH

This house still has some original windows, build date 1911. They are actually a hard "softwood", properly seasoned before use.

Reply to
charles

That's why I went with slotted concrete posts and concrete gravel boards, with wooden panels slotted in.

Doesn't look to bad and easy to maintain.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I bet the surviving windows don't face S/SW :-) Same timber still available from any half decent merchant, at a price of course

Reply to
stuart noble

absolutely right, but the ones on the S/SW windows lasted until 10 years ago.

Reply to
charles

The same applies to oak

Reply to