plastic bumper repair staples

Dear all, over the last few years I have done variious repairs on the plastic mudguard of my trials bike using stainless steel mesh and a big soldering iron/heat gun. I have been looking at hot staples for bumper repair, and they will pull out under the loading that the mudguard will produce. Is there something like the staples like a row of plus signs connected together?

+++++++++++ with the horizontal bit a single piece with the vertical parts bonded in place? What I don't want is something like eBay item number:374436277634, while it will be perfectly fine for its intended purpose.
Reply to
misterroy

make your own?

and a pair of wire snips.

Reply to
alan_m

thanks, but the mesh is only woven not bonded. Maybe a length of wire hit with a blunt cold chisel might have grip enough

Reply to
misterroy

Talk is good, think I have found a solution, Stainless Steel Round Perforated Mesh Sheet. I can cut it in strips and use as staples.

Reply to
misterroy

Rob Morley