Plastic body panels on Piaggio motor scooter??

Number 1 son dropped his scooter and cracked the front fairing and needs to glue the bits together ... thought of resin and thin fibreglass backing but is there a tidier way, before I start??

lee.

Reply to
lee

i imagine the fairing will be a thermo plastic like most other bike fairings, so a heat weld system would be best, people use a large soldering iron and some filler sticks to repair race bike fairings, on subsequent droppings the fairing cracks in different places than the repair, so it seems the repair is stronger than origional.

Reply to
Gazz

Thanks for reply Gazz ... I have a hot glue gun, wonder if I can get plastic sticks to suit? as the glue is rather hot when molten..(seems I need plastic filler sticks anyway). I have tried super glue but it doesn`t hold too well and I was reluctant to use a hot iron for fear of making a proper pigs ear of the job, maybe, I can stitch weld with an iron and fill the rest with the glue gun and thermo plastic sticks?

Super glue aint wot it used to be is it??? lol.

Cheers... Lee.

Reply to
lee