Plans, drains & automobiles

Folks,

My house and it's 10m-long front garden are situated about 1m above the level of the street (grass bank held back by dry stone wall). We have been granted planning permission to excavate part of the garden to create an off-street parking space (currently double yellow lines prevent us from parking on the road). Unfortunately, we believe that the gas, electricity, mains water and sewage services are all routed through the area we wish to excavate.

I'm pretty sure that we will need to get Southern Electric in to move the electricity supply, but what about the others? Could we get a plumber in to move the mains water, sewage and gas pipes or do we need to get Transco (aka Fulcrum) and Thames Water to do it?

Also, as space is fairly tight, are there any restrictions on how close together said pipes can be (if I dug out a single trench, could they all be bunged in the same one)?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Reply to
Matt Scantlebury