planning permission - objections due to "loss of view"

I realise that and have done for a long time. But I didn't want to cause unnecessary offence to those who are still wearing their sunglasses - we have to break them in gently :)

PoP

Reply to
PoP

France of course. Or Florida if you aren't too ill to need much in the way of medical care.

Actually I think that's what France and Spain will become - retirement zones for the EU.

UK will do research and design, Germany will do high cost manufacturing. Then it will move to Italy to cut costs. Then to Poland. Then to China.

Reply to
G&M

Of course it would be totally correct if it was in the Torygraph.

How is Little Middle England this weekend?

Reply to
IMM

There is still a large number of Briton attempting to get into Australia. Why when we have the world's 4th largest economy? They don't pay a fortune for houses, as land is not owned by a chosen few and the market is not rigged.

Reply to
IMM

What misguided stuff I just read. As less than 7.5% of the land is actually built on and the T&C planning act forbids us to build on land that is subsided to do nothing by our taxes, an artificial land shortage is created. This artificial shortage then ramps up land prices. Hence we pay super high prices for very tiny houses. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what to do to reverse this stupidity.

Reply to
IMM

No one is saying abandon planning regs. just allow people to build anywhere that's all. Of course no one should build next to a chemical plant or on top of Snowdon. But there is countless square miles of subsidised countryside that can be freely built on. If we are allowed to build on such land, houses will be cheaper as land prices are much lower. Plots bigger, so houses are bigger. No high density houses 3 foot apart. In fact the Barrett boxes would disappear. Ensure that only small developers, building no more than 4 or 5 houses, and predominantly individual selfbuilder do the building and the look would be very appealing.

Reply to
IMM

I have heard people prattle that balls for 7 years. Never came, despite them preying it would.

Reply to
IMM

Le Meriden (but The Four Seasons when in Boston), just think of the affinity points.

Reply to
Toby

Nothing?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

You tell me.....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Blimey. Talk about a heated debate - maybe I should suggest this a topic for kilroy. Anyway, thanks again for the advice everyone.

Dave.

Reply to
Dave Dixson

On 7 Apr 2004 13:02:55 -0700, a particular chimpanzee named snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Lobster) randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Although CYFLBO (Listed Buildings Officer) might be a bit of an oxymoron.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula