Ping Colin Stamp - 63mm ducting for underground cables.

Colin (and others) - you posted that you were running 63mm ducting for cables as part of your shed electrics.

Could you let me know details, and supplier, please.

Thanks

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

I haven't actually ordered it yet, but I had my eye on this one (2nd from the bottom of the page) :-

'm afraid I've no idea if it's the right choice of duct or supplier. I was mainly drawn to the quote "Cheapest duct suppliers in the UK".

It'll probably just be used for CAT6 cables, but I thought I'd get a fairly generous sized duct to give myself the best chance of being able to pull the cables in through the none-too-straight 20ish metre run to the house.

It remains to be seen how feasible that is...

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Just gone with black 32mm solvent weld waste pipe. It is all in the ground with a green cord threaded through. It looks big enough to take a couple of CAT5E cables even with the right angle bends.

I will let you know how we get on pulling the cable through. [May be a week or so before we do this.]

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Yep. I'd be interested to see how it works. It'd certainly save some money, but I'd be worried about the right-angles. Is it worth doing a test pull tomorrow after the solvent has dried, but before you bury it?

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Nthkentman

I'd be worried about right angle bends as well, things really don't like pulling round sharp corners. Plenty of cable lubricant required I suspect.

In any given run you would probably get away with a single swept bend without to much hassle but multiple right angles could well be, er, "fun".

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Ummm....already burried so it had better work!

Reply to
David WE Roberts

I'm just about to get some 32mm black MDPE (25mm internal) which is for a few signal wires. I have some external cat5e which I'll probably direct bury in the same trench rather than use space in the duct - if it dies, I can pull some through the duct afterwards. The following folks seem to have a good price on 25m:

pondering on going up to 50mm, but probably can't justify it.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel