Ping Anne Jackson

Was it you who said you used copper strip to prevent build up of algae on roofs?

I'd like to discuss it with you,

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

No, 'twas me. Very effective, it only needs to be a length of thinnish bare copper wire stretched either side of the ridge. Acidic rain forms salts that wash down the roof killing algae.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I don't want it for tht kind of roof :-)

I thought that Anne was in the business .... thanks anyway.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Yes, Mary, I own a company which does exactly that.

D'you want to e-mail me, or my grand-daughter, Amanda, who runs the company for me?

Reply to
Anne Welsh Jackson

... and for a moment I had a vision of a site with various S&M types being led around on their leash...

"...as you introductory gift for joining our exclusive club you get the Free Dom Collar, and a discount price of 9.95 for the gimp mask..."

Reply to
DM

You, please.

Thanks. I did wonder if Copperridge were you :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I actually have a couple of Freedom collars going spare - up for grabs if anyone has a _large_ dog, suffering from arthritis. (Larger than the 'normal-sized' Labrador.) They were returned under our 30-day money back guarantee.

Reply to
Anne Welsh Jackson

Do it soon, if you want - Amanda is away for the weekend, come tomorrow morning, just in case I need to refer to her, if it's something I'm not sure of! I'm the one who can authorise discounts, though! ;-)

Aye, that's me, for my sins! We are all c*ck-a-hoop this week. We got a contract to do the roofs in three streets in the New Gorbals regeneration...

We're hoping for better weather over the West Coast, for the next couple of weeks. Glasgow can be a gey wet part of the country.

Reply to
Anne Welsh Jackson

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Anne Welsh Jackson saying something like:

I'm curious as to how the copper strip is held on to the ridge tiles - glue, mortar, rivets?

Might use one of them for myself.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Immediately after this.

Hurrah!

Everywhere is currently!

Although we were in Lerwick last week and it was fine. Most of the time.

Mary Fisher

I'm surprised you don't have more back, they don't work on humans other than the placebo effect and I don't see how an animal gets a placebo effect other than some extra encouragement from its owners who think its been cured. Not that I have any problems with people separating fools from their cash as long as they aren't making the animal do stuff it wouldn't normally do due to the pain.

Reply to
dennis

Special fixings, which are basically a special rawlplug and SS screw.

Reply to
Anne Welsh Jackson

I don't know either, Dennis - all I know is that this is the only returns we've had this year so far - both from the same customer. As we sell, on average, over 50 collars per month, that's much less than

1% returns. One lady has been ordering fetlock bands for her horses for years, and swears by them.

I was sceptical at first, when my grand-daughter recommended that we try one on our wee Border Terrier, who was in obvious pain and had been diagnosed as suffering from arthritis. In a couple of days he was jumping around like a puppy.

So impressed was I that when the owner of the two companies died very suddenly, and the lawyers were instructed to sell the business, I bought it. How much more convinced can one be?

Reply to
Anne Welsh Jackson

"I'm Victor Kiam, ..."

Reply to
Bruce

There's a lot of scepticism about all sorts of alternative or complementary treatments for animals.

But a lot of farmers still spend good money on homoeopathic treatments for their animals and they can't afford to throw away cash. I've seen results on a daughter's goat when 'orthodox' treatment - i.e. made by men in white coats - didn't work.

I'm not proselytising, just saying that we don't know everything. History is too full of downgraded sceptics for me to join them.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

So if anybody wants some copper strip cheap, the Old Gorbals metals dealer is the person to ask :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Too true to be funny :-(

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Anne Welsh Jackson saying something like:

I'd imagine old ridgetiles are a pain in the bum if they have to be drilled.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon