Pigeons

Which is one reason I don't wish to go down that route. Ideally I want 'naturalistic' rather than scientific.

Also, even with all settings carefully adjusted, things just don't look right under flash.

Mind, I wouldn't mind trying one out to see how well it works.

Reply to
Rod

Health - partner often suffers after 'exercise' - so a decent walk might put her on the sofa for much of the rest of the day.

Yes - can do raw - somehow it just doesn't quite cut the mustard. It is

*so* easy to overexpose - the absolute destroyer of digital images. Yes

- usually carry something white, something black and, if I think about it, I make sure it is in shot. :-)

Reply to
Rod

From a position of much ignorance, I *think* that birds are unaffected by capsaicin - so maybe some Scotch Bonnets?

Reply to
Rod

Oh of course. That's a real shame. So this is more complicated than can be fixed with Thyroxine I suppose?

You surprise me. I shoot only in raw and don't record JPGs at all in the camera. What are you using for image processing?

Especially on that kind of subject, which is not an easy one. Have you tried adjusting the exposure, flash compensation and bracketing the shots?

Helps

Reply to
Andy Hall

Thyroxine, Armour Thyroid, Cytomel (Liothyronine) in all sorts of combinations - if she didn't have thyroid hormone she would be truly dreadful. As it is, she is just in severe pain much of the time and flips from one odd state to another, often in seconds or minutes.

Photoshop.

Yes - and it helps. But good lighting would make all the difference.

Reply to
Rod

In which case a big soft box with a flash in it would work well, or perhaps some nice big reflectors and bounce flash.

Reply to
John Rumm

Rod wrote: We are members of

Rod, have you ever thought you should get out more?

:-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Either he's getting out to look at the fungi, or he has a real problem with damp in his house...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

That really is debilitating.

Does it have a plug in for your particulr camera?

The difficulty is going to be what counts as good lighting. This is not an easy subject to photograph or environment in which to do so.

Reply to
Andy Hall

And having read all the guff about the DSLRs and so on.... here's one I prepared earlier with my Kodak bridge camera...

Andy Champ

I think he would like to do so. Besides, it might just be a cover for people with beards. :-)

There's nothing better than going out for a nature ramble and far safer than visiting Kentish ports with their sink estates. Surely you've heard of the cinque ports....

Reply to
Andy Hall

It is spreading its wing over the pigeon to stop other birds of prey seeing it, and scaring it off to grab the pigeon. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

No, I mean my 70-200mm Angenieux. Unobtanium these days.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The worst single aspect is probably inability to sit - or if she does sit, she often feels progressively worse.

Or is it that the doctors are obsessed with doling out anti-depressants? And can't hear/see what the problems really are.

No problem with handling Canon raw.

I think that is it - the environment of anything from mm to cm above ground, surface often shiny, often brilliant white - at least in parts, light in shafts from sun or very dark, very awkward positions, and so on. Challenging but fun.

Started snapping fungi with a Canon S10 - 2.11 MPx - back in 1999 or so. Pixel numbers are not very important.

Reply to
Rod

I always thought he was a..........................fun guy.

Reply to
Schrodinger's cat

I found with the D200 set to best quality, the lenses were better than

400ASA rating when used stopped down a bit. I have seldom been able to see lens issues (stopped to best quality) with the film back on anything bar kodachrome 25..

Cant sing the praises of that body enough. Everything I could do on a film camera PLUS rapid shoot, auto bracketing, ability to select film speeds and also color balance..pretty much any sort of metering you want. Basically the pictures are as good as I am, not as good as the camera.

The pop up flash os BLOODY good as well..very little harsh highlightin and does fill in very well.

Only downside is the lack of mechanical cable relesase.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

We'd love to. :-)

Actually, their forays are interesting and quite fun.

Reply to
Rod

This one?

Andy Hall

That could be. These are a cheap drug. I suspect that comprehensive management of thyroid disorders is less so.

I wonder whether some secondary lighting below the cap onto the ground at an oblique angle would help.

Indeed.

Reply to
Andy Hall

That spore.