killing pigeons

I need to kill some pigeons. Any ideas. I could care less if it's illegal.

I have tried ant poison, and decon rat/mouse killer as well as automotive anti freeze.

Thanks,

cm

Reply to
cm

rice

Reply to
Roemax

Best is while they are asleep and cant fly in the dark, soak house with gasolene and light it up.

Reply to
ransley

Give them Alka-Seltzer. They explode.

Reply to
Stacey Chuffo

You are supposed to give it to them, not try it yourself.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

It's futile. As some great warrior once said: "The penis is mightier than the sword," by which he meant that your enemy can breed faster than you can kill them.

That said, there is a certain satisfaction by stacking up the bodies. To be effective, you must consider their milieu. For example, one NY taxi driver worked out a system whereby he would slow down as he approached a pigeon, then stomp on the accelerator. The pigeon thought the taxi was going to give him the right-of-way and was lulled into a sense of complacency. As a result, the taxi got too close for the pigeon to respond to the taxi's surge. The cab driver giggled like a little girl, removed the pigeon from the grillwork, and added another silhouette to the front fender.

Obviously the taxi-driver's technique won't work on 34th-story window ledge.

There are several techniques here:

But the list is not exhaustive. It does not include, for example, pet hawks or even paper-mache owls.

My favorite is a bolt-action .22 rifle with sub-sonic bullets; it's nearly silent.

Reply to
HeyBub

When I was young we were shooing pigeons in my friends barn, after a big rain his dad nearly shot us, it had a metal roof.

Reply to
ransley

Here 'ya go:

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Test ways to kill on yourself. Then you won't have to worry about the birds anymore.

Reply to
Stepfann King

Debunked at snopes.com

Same for rice.

Oren

Debunked.

See:

Birds eat rice all the time - at least in rice fields.

Reply to
Oren

What is the need to kill them? Do you have a good recipe?

Reply to
Phisherman

he he he....!

cm

Reply to
cm

F/U

Reply to
cm

When I was a kid, my father used to shoot pigeons and was just as likely to add them to the menu as he was the pheasants, rabbits, etc. My wife wouldn't have anything to do with cooking them as she grew up on a farm and thought of them as vermin. One day I was out by the landlords barn and shot a pigeon. I got the bright idea of cleaning it and taking it in and telling her that I had just managed to shoot a quail. Well, OK, she'd cook that for me but wasn't going to eat it, herself. I tell you that was the nastiest tasting, toughest old bird I'd ever ate. It was some years before I told her of the joke I played on her...errr, myself.

Tom G.

Reply to
Tom G

Rice in rice fields are not dried. Look at the source. In one study 3 out of 5 people prefer Pepsi. In another, 3 out of 5 people prefer Coke. In another, 3 out of 5 prefer Dr Pepper. The first was funded by Pepsi. The second, Coke. The third, Dr Pepper. Carefully study the source of the "expert" or study. The information presented is of dubious reliability.

Reply to
Michael Dobony

Van Chocstraw wrote in news:g_udnawXu6r4ZvfXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

His underwear must be a frikkin' mess huh?

Reply to
Red Green

Build a bird house with one way doors. My cousin did this when he got tired of them pooping on his car. Each hole in the house had a tube of chicken wire behind it . The pigeons could fly in but they couldnt get out. He set it on top of the 4 story building he worked in and it only took a couple of months to get rid of all the pigeons. The city had tried to get rid of them because they were becoming a health hazard and ruining the buildings using poisons, fake owls. I think he made the thing out of paper mache sprayed with enamel paint to water proof it.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

"cm" wrote in news:1-WdnXjOjKD0O_bXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Smooches to CM, my ghey lover.

Reply to
Stepfann King

Michael Dobony wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@40tude.net:

Yes but 5 out of 5 in all surveys fart in grocery stores.

Reply to
Red Green