Pigeons

When i first got my garden a couple of years ago, i was delighted t

have any bird visiting the garden, however now the pigeons have take over, they eat all the birdseed, frighten off the other birds and onl seem to visit my garden...All the other gardens near to me get al kinds of bird life but I just seem to be getting these big pesk pests...any help gratefully appreciate

-- kathryn

Reply to
kathryn

kathryn When i first got my garden a couple of years ago, i wa

delighted to have any bird visiting the garden, however now the pigeon have taken over, they eat all the birdseed, frighten off the other bird and only seem to visit my garden...All the other gardens near to me ge all kinds of bird life but I just seem to be getting these big pesk pests...any help gratefully appreciated

kathryn for the smaller song birds u need the small bird feeders s that the pidgeons cant get at the seed. if u are just spreading th seed on the ground thats an open invitation to the pidgeons. maybe as some of the neighbours and see what they are doing that is differen from what u are doing maybe this might help solve your problem. goo luck. cyaaa, sockiescat

-- sockiescat

Reply to
sockiescat

Kathryn, that's like leaving bowls of M&Ms outside and then wondering why there are fat people visiting your yard all the time. Take away the bird seed for a while. Like, until late autumn.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

LMAO!!

Jacqui

Reply to
axeman

Droll Yankee has a wonderful bird feeder, that has a ring around the bottom. When any bird too big (or squirrel) tries to get on the bird feeder, it spins the ring and the squirrel or birds get flung into the shrubs. I got it for squirrels (which is very entertaining actually). But it also works for pidgeons and grackles (which we have an infestation of.

Also, putting out different kind of birdseed helps. If you put out corn, you'll get pidgeons, mice, squirrels, etc. If you put out a blend that doesn't have corn (but has sunflowers and thistles, you'll get cardinals, jays, swallows and the smaller birds). If the pidgeons go for the seed on the ground, I just open the door and let the dogs out.

Reply to
morninglori