Sparaxis in Texas

I planted some last fall and they have grown and bloomed (cute little guys. Halequin Flowers?) but I was curious as to whether they will continue to bloom or can be stimulated to do so. I have been pinching the flower stalks off after the blooms seem spent and dry. Any other tips welcome.

oh - D/FW area (8b? - Sunset 33?)

thanx in advance!

Carl

1 Lucky Texan
Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Sorry, Carl, but Sparaxis will not bloom again this year. The foliage will turn brown and then disappear, like daffodils. Deadheading as with other bulbs will direct the energy to replenishing the bulbs. Sometimes I leave a flower to form some seeds, increasing the number of plants. Yes they are very pretty and bright. Mine are just now blooming here in Nor Cal. due to all the cold and RAIN. I am thinking of building an ark. Emilie NorCal

Reply to
mleblanca

Thanx for replying. It appears mine are just about finished blooming. I did deadhead some but may leave these last few blooms to see if some re-seeding may hlp 'fill in' the area. They are nice flowers. I even had one red bloom with 2 white petals! very odd!

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan