Phosphor coated drywall screws - why?

Just doing some partition work with plasterboard. I've been supplied phosphor coated screws - what's the reason for the coating?

Reply to
Adrian C

Hi

Just guessing, to stop them rusting when wet plaster is put on top? Ordinary steel screws would rust mad that could bleed through?

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

plain steel rusts, you get rust stains on the plaster, then the plaster pops off.

Probably more important with PB screws is the head shape. Ordinary woodscrews make a total dogs ear of PB.

I notice also PB screws are cheaper, and work fine in wood.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

It refers to phospate coating - anti-rust or you would have rust spots in finished wall.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Hughes