Petrol prices to go up again.

It was Thursday 23 November 2000 The Daily Mail website search facility doesn't work, and the date of articles is not shown. I found the answer by Googling for the title of the article, which took me to the contents page for that date on the Daily Mail site, including that article.

Reply to
Dave W

Ah what it all really means of course is that all that quantitive easy just made the pound in your pocket worth-less. as indeed this strangely named method of printing money when you have no value to base it on is just devaluation by another name. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

And there's a clip round the lug'ole for me: companies

Aware of the danger of hypocrisy, I checked it so carefully too ...

Reply to
Java Jive

There's usually a print run indication on the back - something like 05/13.

Reply to
Bob Eager

In April or so 2008 diesel costs 131.9p/litre. Not really gone up much in the interim.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Where were you buying diesel in Apr 2008? From my MPG spreadsheet:

05 Apr 2008 112.9 22 Apr 2008 116.9 29 Apr 2008 118.9

It then spiked to nearly 130p/l in mid June 2008, was back to the above sort of numbers by September and around 100p/l and not above

110p/l until Jan 2010.

Spreadsheet covers from Dec 2004 to present.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Coming to the present time, everyone has a chance to join

and help keep the politicians aware of how much we hate the price increases.

Reply to
Davey

En el artículo , John Williamson escribió:

Usenet is write-only for some people.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I did say "April or so". If you say June then I stand corrected. All I know is it was soonish after we got our C4 - which was April 2008 after my old Roover 45 got a leaking head gasket.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Harry I don't care. The more it goes up the fewer cars are on the road, the faster I can drive and thus produce the maximum amount of CO2.

But as boring as hell. Give me overcast skies, thunderstorms, long distances, wide grippy tyres, steering with feedback, a stimulating exhaust note, real warmth and demisting from a proper heater and refuelling in 5 mins any day.

Reply to
The Other Mike

In message , Mike Tomlinson writes

And certainly not thought provoking.