People drinking less ..

Paul snipped-for-privacy@needed.invalid wrote

That's not what he is talking about, he's talking about wild yeast getting into the fermenter either by no sterilising the fermenter properly before using it, wild yeast getting into the fermenter by during fermenting or with traditional brewing by letting wild yeast get into the wort when before adding the brewing yeast.

Some of the barmen ask you which way you want it poured.

And plenty of home brewers use kegs, not bottles.

Normally only the filtration step when kegs are used.

Normally they don't and that's why the barman asks you how you want it poured from the bottle if they pour it.

Its actually a hybrid between homebrew and commercial beer.

Plenty of commercial beer is nothing like yellow.

Reply to
Rod Speed

32l actually.

You can buy kegerators, They are a fridge with a number of kegs in it with a number of beer taps like you see in a pub, anywhere from 1-4 in a bar fridge sized fridge with the taps on top.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Rubbish. If a brewery has a yeast contamination the brew WILL taste completely different, usually for the worse.

alan_m

alan_m snipped-for-privacy@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote

Fact.

Easy to avoid wild yeast getting into the wort.

Wrong again.

Have fun explaining why wine which usually is fermented using wild yeast from the grape skins doesnt.

Says nothing about wild yeast contamination or what happened with brewing the past contamination wise.

Reply to
Rod Speed

You are, as usual, contradicting yourself. You cannot make wine at home. It wouldn't be wine, it would be grape juice. Sorry that you don't understand.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

You are conflating beer with wine, this is why you are asking a stupid question.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

Am 18/02/2024 um 10:16 schrieb alan_m:

You brew beer, you make wine. Making wine is not just fermenting the grapes, that's just the initial part. But you cannot know, because unlike me, you have never lived in a part of the world where the economy is literally based on wine-making.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

Fermented grape juice.

Reply to
charles

Am 19/02/2024 um 11:45 schrieb charles:

... is not wine. But you probably think that Lambrini is Champagne.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

And if you only give him half a fish, he'll complain that you've imposed a 50% fish tax on him.

Reply to
Handsome Jack

As someone else pointed out, wine does not need to produced in a factory. It has been a cottage industry product since the BC era.

Reply to
JNugent

:-)

So true...

Reply to
JNugent

How odd that people have been doing that for millennia, quite literally.

Fantasy.

You are the one with that problem.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Yes. Enrico has forgotten that the Romans produced wine 2000 years ago.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Strange thing to say. I wonder what point you are actually trying to get across.

Ah! The "If I don't think much of it, then it isn't X at all." approach.

Did the Romans make and drink wine? I doubt if they had climate-control technology costing millions, but I dare say they muddled along.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

There was wine even before the cottage was invented.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

And in Yorkshire, to boot, thanks to (non-anthropogenic) changes in the climate.

Reply to
Spike

They did have climate control technology - it's called digging a hole. I don't know what it would have cost to build a cellar in those days, but there were also free ones in the shape of caves (hence 'cava').

As to the other winemaking stuff like oak barrels, can you do that in the average flat?

Theo

Reply to
Theo

You can get chippings to add to your brew.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Caves limit fluctuations in temperature, but they can't exactly 'control' it. They don't have thermostats.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet