Penetrating oil

Oh, I LIKE that idea...

Reply to
Adrian

Not a chance, when you arrived at the remote location and lifted the toolbox out of the car the can in the car would be knocked into the nearby river. When you opened the toolbox you would find the can in the toolbox fell over weeks ago and leaked all over the test meter, sandpaper, Mars Bar and the sandwich you forgot was in there.

THEN you find the seized bolt.

Reply to
Peter Parry

In message , Peter Parry writes

Yup, hoe many tape measures have I bought over the years? How many can I find on any one occasions?

Reply to
Chris French

That's the Rules of nature.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Sorry, I was speaking generically. Ideally, use oxy-acetylene as it's true an ordinary blowlamp will struggle to provide the necessary heat output as apart from its chemical energy, it's impossible to focus a decent cone.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Ah, well, that's a bit of a 'How long is a piece of string?' type question... which I suspect you are not in a position to answer... ;-)

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Don't forget that instead of simply trying to slacken a seized nut, it often helps if you first try to tighten it (especially if the flats have been rounded by failed attempts to slacken).

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Not as well as Plusgas in my experience.

Diesel is supposed to be quite good but I've normally reached for and used Plusgas before I remember to try diesel. Kerosene isn't that good.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice