Pen or pencil for writing music

Anyone know of a good pen/pencil for writing music scores? Sounds trivial but after a couple of hours writing a good pen helps a lot. It needs to be something that's writes very easily, with a fine point, good contrast and *be able to be used horizontally without "running out"*. Pencils I find ok but tend to be so feint I'd rather use a pen (as eyesight not brilliant any more). Would be nice if is erasable but more important is that it writes/ ink-flows very easily. tia

Reply to
mike

Why use pen'n'paper? there are numerous music notation programs available on the web.

are evaluation progs but if you look through google there are freebies. Then you can print it out.

Reply to
ben

If you are going down the digital line try the best - Sibelius. Easiest to use is the version for RISC OS computers even though it hasn't been updated for a number of years. But why not simply use a softer pencil?

Reply to
John Cartmell

================= Have a look at:

Cicero

As someone who sribbles on staffs occasionally, I think this is a much better way, unless you're much more accurate than me

mike

Reply to
mike ring

You want a gel pen, they are availaible in the high street - not erasable but write upside down etc

Bob Mannix

Reply to
Bob Mannix

The Fisher Space Pen. Writes upside down all day long, if you need it to. Refills UKP 3.50 include an adaptor for Parker biros, so you can update an existing pen. However the pen is quite dinky, just over 90mm closed and about 135 open. Somewhere inside UKP20 for the complete unit Refills seem to last about as long as Parker, three months for me, I do write quite a bit at work.

Watch out for the larcenous. My desk has a joke exploding pen to catch the unwary. "Just borrow your pen, John?" *BANG* The joke is a little stale now, but I have modified the behaviour of a number of colleagues to having a pen to hand at all times.

John Schmitt

Reply to
John Schmitt

'Fineliner' pens are good as are 'Jelly rollers'

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

DJC

Wasn't there something on TV this week about budgets for the USA and USSR space programmes? The Americans spent a million dollars developing a Space Pen, and the Russians....used pencils...!

Reply to
Bob Eager

I love urban myths :)

Geoffrey