Partial kitchen refurbishment

Hi,

My kitchen requires a little work - just need a new sink and oven (plus extractor fan) as everything else is in good condition. I would also like to have the work top changed, is it generally possible to fit a new work surface over the existing cupboards?

In trying to make this as little hassle as possible I'm thinking of going out to IKEA (or MFI or ??) on weekend, selecting the items and getting them to fit them. On top of basic installation, some of the skirting boards in the kitchen to be fixed and I also think the cupboard underneath the sink may need to be redone. Is this the type of thing they can do?

Any other recommendations for a central London supplier for this type of thing?

thanks, Chad

Reply to
chad

Get a local kitchen fitter/handyman through personal recommendation to source and do it if you are not going to DIY. I have used MFI to fit and shan't again.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Definitely - it's a pretty straightforward task which any kitchen fitter/joiner should be happy to take on.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Yep. I've done this twice, now. New oven, sink, hob & worktops. And in one case new cupboard and drawer fronts. Spot of re-tiling. Much easier than doing a whole kitchen.

Reply to
Huge