Part P Inspections Reference to para 1.26!

A couple of months ago someone on here gave a url from government to Building Regs on local councils which instructed them to for certification out of their fees. Unfortunately I did not keep a copy and its not on my news server!

Can someone give me the url as I have some friends who are very interested in this document?

Thanks

Reply to
Peter Hemmings

================================ The instruction (sent to all Councils) was from 'ODPM' ('Office of the Deputy Prime Minister') which has now changed to:

which is ruled by that Kelly woman.

As far as I can remember the ruling is that any *testing* required / done either by an external contractor or by a member of their own staff must be paid by the Council out of the Application fee - i.e. no separate fee for testing.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Try

'm going to be bringing this to the BCO's attention on a job shortly. Should be fun, he's already mentioned 3 times the need for me to make sure the electrician provides a certificate.

dg

Reply to
dg

The government have reissued Part P and it now says this explicitly in Part P itself.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks for that, I have now found the original document which is in fact the regulation, para 1.26 spells it out!

> I'm going to be bringing this to the BCO's attention on a job shortly.

I just mentioned the para to my BCO when he seemed to suggest I paid and "Hey Presto" he said "Oh you know about 1.26, its costing us a lot of money!", I expect their fees will rise even more sharply next year to cover the costs.

Reply to
Peter Hemmings

Is that bloody outrageous or what??

David

Reply to
Lobster

Sounds like it! If you're mug enough to pay, they'll let you - but if you challenge them, *they* have to pay.

Does Section 1.26 say that they have to point out your rights to you?

Reply to
Roger Mills