Part J clarify flue size

On page 24/25 of part J is the flue sizing specs for solid fuel appliances. It seems a little unclear whether the stove I was going to get with a 5" outlet will require stepping up to a 6" flue for the burning of logs (seems a bit mad). What ya all reckon?

Reply to
visionset

Without going back and reading of the approved docs, my recall is that carrying the appliance flue diameter right through is the recommened practice - unless the power rating (which is little more than a guidance figure) requires that the flue is larger.

Reply to
dom

Yes that is my interpretation, though I have seen some pellet stoves fitted with 125mm double skinned with insulation.

AJH

Reply to
AJH