Parkside carpet cleaner flood

I bought this PWS 20C2 carpet cleaner from Lidl in Feb this year. First time of use soon after purchase it worked ok. Now in September, second time of use with same shampoo, foaming water blasting out of vents on lid. even though the pipe delivering water to the business end is clear and flowing fine. Tried it with just plain water in the tank and same flooding from vents happening.

I have the receipt for making a return but thought I'd ask here in case I'm missing some subtle detail on use.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Did you overdose or use the wrong detergent? I've heard stories about where somebody has used fairy liquid in a dishwasher, and there's so much foam it comes out of every possible orifice.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Should there be a foam pad inside the vents to contain any liquid eruptions? There is on my Bissell.

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

Sadly returned for a refund.