parking on new laid flags

Next door have had their paved hard standing ripped up and re-laid on a proper base. How long before a small to medium car can be parked on it? ie when will the sand cement mix be hard enough At the moment next door and ourselves have 3 cars blocking the right of access to both of our houses and since I am so hot on parking on this land, I don't see it as fair that we have parked there.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Five days after the last paver was laid.

I can't fathom out what any of this means...not fair on whom? - do you normally park on his drive? - why have you agreed with him to block it off? - who does the land belong to?

Etc etc

Reply to
Phil L

The way I read it is the neighbour is currently parking outside his property thereby blocking the shared access to his own and the OPs driveways

Reply to
Graham.

Many thanks for that :-)

Stay with me on this one.

OK let me explain. I live in a modern terraced house (6 houses in the block, but only 5 are effected, as sixth has independent access. There is a bit of private land (imagine a C shape on its back and that is the shape of the private land in front of these houses and that serves as an access route to and from them. Plus as an emergency services access area. Some of the houses think that they have the right to park in front of their properties on this private land. I think that they have this idea because they think that this piece of land is part of the road that passes by. It isn't.

No. - why have you agreed with him to block it

He is away on a survey ship somewhere at sea. His wife asked me to help out. His in house parking area has just been ripped up to renovate his hard standing where his car is normally parked when at sea.

- who does the land belong to?

An agency that has to guarantee the right of access over it. It is a private piece of land.

I feel guilty of denying access to our house and next door by lining up out 3 cars. Any car can not go any further over this land beyond our 2 houses, by the way

The laid back on the C shape is not so critical at the other end, but that is where I get my major parking problems with multiple cars parking there. From one end of the C to the other is just 4 cars in length

Reply to
Dave