Parker Impulse Sealer

Hi,

Bit of a long shot, but you guys have a wide knowledge of electrical/mechanical things.

At work we have some Parker 'Impulse Sealers' (model IS300). For anyone that doesn't know they are heat sealers that seal plastic bags across a wire that heats up.

We are looking to repair one, made by 'Parker'. Can't find them on the 'net. It's only likely to be a small problem.

Anyone any knowledge of this company or anyone that repairs them?

Reply to
Brownie

Can you describe what isn`t working on it ?

I would have thought typically you`d have the heating element and a microswitch that operates same when a bag is put in to be sealed and the lid closed.

That`s how it works on our "baby" domestic one at home anyway...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

On Thu, 6 May 2004 21:08:35 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "Brownie" strung together this:

Depends where you are. Can't see there being a major problem with it.

Reply to
Lurch

The sealer has stopped heating up. The power light comes on, also a red LED on a circuit board inside at the bottom lights up, but the heating element isn't heating. We have checked the connections so something seems to have failed somewhere. This item is hardly used despite being around 6 years old.

Because of where I work this will have to be repaired 'properly', usually by the manufacturer or agent, or professional company. Last night, one of my colleagues was checking out where we think we bought it a few years ago but may be open to offers if this falls through. We are in Leicestershire.

Reply to
Brownie

Realised this brand is 'Packer' not Parker.

Reply to
Brownie

In message , Brownie writes

I think that they might be in Dagenham