Papering / painting order

Hi Bit of a stupid question but; In the process of decoraing a bedroom and using wallpaper on one wall as a feature and emulsioning the rest. Is it best to do all the wall painting first and then hang the paper or the other way round. I'm thinking the first but want to check. ta

Reply to
sforeman

Its a lot easier to keep paste off a painted wall than to keep paint off a papered one.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes. It's easy to wipe wallpaper adhesive off paint, but not paint off wallpaper. You will, of course, need to cut the paper accurately where it meets the painted wall.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Amateurs (ie me) tend to paper last for the above reasons. Professionals tend to paint top coat last as it gives a better finish and they don't get paint on the paper.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Yep, but a tip here for anyone doing the above, paint the wall to be papered around the corner about 2 or 3 inches, so that you don't need to be as exact with your cutting....same applies to woodwork, lap it up onto the wall - don't cut in!

Reply to
Phil L