Painting stainless steel flue

I have a gas heater with a flue that for its inside portion has a black aluminium tube joined to a stainless steel bend. SWMBO would like the stainless part painted black to match. I learned yesterday that the spray paint for ovens that the local shop sells will not stick to stainless steel. It was suggested that some special sort of primer is needed. Does anyone here have experience with this? I should point out that the bend is more than a metre from the heater, therefore not exposed to the highest temperatures.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

I made a cap for a chimney out of galvanised steel. Within a few months the zinc had burned off and the steel was rusted through. So it can get very hot up there, even 4 metres up the chimney. Aluminium and stainless steel lasted fine. I never tried painting them.

Reply to
Matty F

A very quick Google brings up

David WE Roberts